We then put a flashdrive into each laptop and used the program to install Ubuntu. At first this was very confusing for us, but as we have continued to work on it, it has gotten much easier.
My personal “project” within this larger project is trying to set up the laptops so that they are in Amharic, the language spoken in Ethiopia. I was able to figure out how to enable Amharic to use it in Ubuntu’s version of word and other programs where you type. I also figured out loosely how to make the entire computers operating system in Amharic, but it types in English. I will continue to try to combine both of these things.
It was been very challenging to work on this project. My class meets before the other class, so we have to figure a lot of things out on our own. It is a lot of trial and error, which can be very frustrating, but it will be worth it when we are able to send computers to people who do not have them.